This is a really nice duplex in North Phoenix. The bonus is there is a lot that may hold a smaller single family new build. Both units have been updated and it is fully occupied with Stable Tenants. Please look at the Document tab for the Due Diligence and under the photos is the virtual tour. Subject to cancellation of existing escrow. Clean Inspection report and good appraisal. Loan docs were at title and Buyer’s agent cancelled the day of COE. Unbelievable. This property has been updated in 2020. Buyer to verify all facts and figures.
1. Newly fenced private back yards for each unit
2. New windows
3. Fresh paint interior/exterior
4. Porcelain tile floors, carpet in one bedroom
5. New kitchen cabinets, counter tops, and appliances
6. Upgraded bathrooms with new tile, tubs, toilet, vanities, and fixtures.
7. New plumbing
8. Updated electrical wiring.
Buyer to verify all facts and figures.
Virtual Tour-Take a walk on the exterior of the Building and the Lot
A Phoenix community known as “Where the Mountains Meet the Valley” celebrates 100 years as a community, one year in advance of Arizona’s own Centennial of Statehood. Sunnyslope is a unique community of Phoenix, lying seven miles north of Downtown Phoenix. It is nestled in the foothills of the North Mountain range. Sunnyslope’s borders are a swath north of the Arizona Canal and south of North Mountain, and from 19th Avenue in the West to the Mountains in the east.
One of the most visible land marks viewable on a clear day from thirty miles is “S” mountain located near Central Avenue and Hatcher. Since the early 1950’s the freshman class at Sunnyslope High School has made an annual trek up the mountain delivering a fresh coat of white paint to the upper case “S.”
William R. Norton is considered to be the founder of Sunnyslope. Mr. Norton homesteaded many acres of desert land around the turn of the century; in 1911, he platted Sunny Slope Subdivision, the first subdivision in Sunnyslope.
The name came when one of his daughters saw the sun shining on the mountains and exclaimed, “What a pretty sunny slope!” The name stuck and the entire area became named Sunnyslope.
This new desert frontier was a booming land of promise, not only for the healthy but also for the sick. Arizona’s sunshine and arid climate drew many people suffering from tuberculosis, rheumatism, asthma and various other diseases. Many of these people moving to Sunnyslope built tent houses or small cottages, planning to get well and then return to their old homes. Some people, however, liked the desert and decided to remain.
One such Valley resident was John C. Lincoln, an Ohio inventor and industrialist who founded Lincoln Electric. He relocated to Paradise Valley with his wife Helen to treat her tuberculosis. Almost immediately, the Lincolns became major financial supporters of Desert Mission. The Desert Mission was a faith-based medical service provider that included a food pantry, child care and library, and eventually evolved into John C. Lincoln Health Network. Helen Lincoln lived to the age of 102, after initially being given just two more years to live by doctors at the age of 40.
Others relocated to pursue their dreams to build new lives and futures for their families. The small Sunnyslope community grew to include among its residents prospectors, homesteaders, beekeepers, and various other creatives. Arizona’s open space and weather made it an ideal training ground for servicemen, and many of them returned to the area following World War II fueling Arizona’s growth.
During this time, Sunnyslope residents began building a modern community which included paved streets, schools, businesses and service organizations. The other boon to growth was the commonplace use of air conditioning in the 1950s, dramatically increasing the state’s attractiveness and fueling an unprecedented building boom. Young families continued to flock to Arizona and Sunnyslope.
The Sunnyslope transformation began with Sunland, a subdivision laid out with curved streets and more than seventy homes with two and three bedrooms, by local prominent architect Leslie Mahoney. Former newspaper publisher turned developer and builder W.D. Upshaw created five subdivisions in Sunnyslope between the years of 1945-55. In 1947 he held the largest residential developments in the state.
Recognizing that the residential growth made local retail more economically viable and desirable, Upshaw constructed two business blocks at Central and Hatcher. Upshaw homes were built of increasing size to appeal to Easterners already used to larger homes. This established Sunnyslope as a solid middle class suburb. A curved masonry wall in El Domingo Ranchos home is a hallmark of Hart Homes designed by George N. Richards
Not all builders began large scale developments; for instance, many prominent builders began with a single family house and grew. James G. Hart, a founding member of the Phoenix Association of Home Builders (and its first president) began as a home builder when given a lot in Sunnyslope’s Meredith Square subdivision in 1945.
The financing was pulled together to build one residential home, which sold quickly. This led to additional homes being built in that subdivision, as well as the development of several small subdivisions through out the valley, one of which was El Domingo Ranchos located at 12th Street and Manzanita.
Hart’s involvement in groups such as the Lions Club, the Masons, and the Shriners led him to be elected to the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. A car accident in 1960 brought his civic contributions to an early demise.
Annual Rental Income
Net Operating Income
Take a look at the One Page Flyer and Offering Memorandum